After a long working day or a tiring journey, you return home and want to relax in front of the projector to watch your favorite show.
But you find the remote control is not working. The buttons are unresponsive or maybe even missing.
In this case, the question comes to your mind how to turn on a smart projector without remote?
There are many ways to turn on a projector without a remote control which I have discussed in this article which will fix your problem in no time.
How to Turn on Smart Projector Without Remote?
Below we have discussed some of the methods I have personally used to turn on a projector without a remote control.
Method 1 Using Universal Remote Projector Control App
Now, this method is perfect for those projectors which do not come with their official application.
In this case, you need to download a universal projector remote control (Android) to use the projector.
- Download the app “universal projector remote control” on your android phone from the PlayStore.
- Many apps are available, but we recommend using this one because it worked on almost all the smart projectors listed below.
- After installing the app, open it and click on the “+” sign at the top right corner of the screen.
- A new window will open up. Scroll down and select the projector model from the list.
- Now point the phone towards the projector and tap on the “Power” button from the app. The projector should turn on.
- If your projector does not respond, tap on “not working” to get manual help from a developer.
- If it’s working fine, you can easily access the projector from this application.
- Else a pop-up message will appear with all the control to manage the unit shown below.
If the other method doesn’t work, you can try the next method to handle the projector without a remote control.
From Manufacture Application
In this method, first, you must check your smart projector manufacturer brand name like Epson, XGimi, Viewsonic, VAVA, etc.
Here I am using Viewsonic universal projector remote guide with dedicated pictures to make it easy to understand.
1). Download the Application from Playstore name as ViewSonic Projector vRemote.
2). After Successful completion, open the app and directly go to the setting & change the language.
3). Now go to add a device, tap on the QR code, and place the code scanner on a projector.
4). The app will automatically detect the ViewSonic projector, and the menu will pop up on the screen.
5). Now, you can control the projection device and check your device’s current firmware version.
Manual Button On Smart Projector
Almost all smart projectors have a manual button on the top of the device, from which you can manually control the unit.
You will not be able to use the advanced features, but you can still control the volume button, adjust keystone correction, power on/off button, and setting option.
The voice control comes in a premium projector with a price tag above $2000. So in these models, the voice assistant of Bixby and Alexa follows your command without the need for remote control.
There is built-in voice control and a ready-to-help feature like “Increase the brightness,” ” decrease the volume,” and “Power off the projector.”
There are plenty of other features you can do with your voice, making it easy to control and eliminating the use of remote control.
My remote is not Working What Should I do?
In this case, either your battery is dead, or you might have inserted it wrongly inside the remote control. Either check the right way by inserting them again or replace them with a new one.
I think my remote is fine but still not working!
If that’s the case, your projector receiving end “IR Sensor” might not be working properly. So, in this case, you need to talk to your customer support.
Make Sure Remote Button Are not Jammed Inside?
Sometimes the buttons get stuck or jammed inside due to hard press. If this is the case, ensure none of the remote buttons are jammed or stuck.
- How To Connect Tablet To Projector Wirelessly? - November 26, 2022
- How to Connect Projector to laptop without VGA port - November 25, 2022
- How many lumen do I need for a bright room projector? - November 24, 2022