You are at your home with friends or family members watching your favorite movie and in between, there is a power failure.
Now you want to still watch that movie but still, you want to know how to run projector with generator when there is any power failure happens suddenly.
Well, the answer is yes you can run your projector and other appliances with the help of a generator.
The generator will provide you with power for certain hours depending on how many other appliances are connected and also how much load the generator can handle.
There are different types of generators available in the market like petrol, diesel, and, propane, etc.
But I personally recommend going with portable ones which are easy to manage with lesser noise production.
As they consume less fuel and are easy to carry. But make sure to use only the best quality fuels which gives you good output with less noise.
How to Run Projector With Generator?
1. Turn off your projector and make sure it is not running any light because you can’t run your appliances with the help of a generator in sunlight as it consumes more power.
2. Make sure to turn on your generator and attach the cables properly.
3. Now connect the cable to the projector and switch on your generator and start entertaining your family member or friends by watching movies, serials, etc.
4. Never run other appliances like a TV and fridge with the generator when it’s connected to your projector unless you have a very powerful unit that can handle the load easily. If your unit is of low power then you will not able to power up your projector.
5. It is a good idea to keep a secondary power supply like batteries because sometimes generators fail due to electricity fluctuations, overload, etc.
How to run a projector with a generator?
When you are running a projector with a generator, it is necessary to set the output of the generator larger than the consumption of the projector.
If you connect both directly without any regulator, your generator might be at risk of getting damaged.
If your projectors’ consumption is very high, you need a regulator to regulate the output of the generator.
You can also use it in case of unstable voltage. The regulator will help you to run the projector for a long time without any problem.
How many amps is enough to run the projector easily?
If your projector power is lower like you had a 300 lumens unit then go with a small size generator with a low amp.
For small projectors, the consumption should be around 350 watts. So if your generator’s power is 2000 watts it can easily power your projector for 3 hours.
But, if you want to run 2000 watts projector, then you should consider a power generator so that it can easily handle the load.
Can I Connect Other Appliances With Generator When Projector is Connected?
Yes and no! If your generator has a feature of connecting other appliances together then you can do it without any problem. Also, if your generator has the feature but less power then it’s better to connect one device at a time.
Yes, you can connect your projector with a generator without any problem. But make sure you do this occasionally and do not use it very frequently.
Because using it frequently will not only decrease the generator life but also when there is an actual need for electricity in times of emergency then you will not have any other backup option to power up your house.