If you have invested in premium projector models, you know how important it is to have a screen that produces the optimal image quality.
But these projection screens need care and handling that can give sharp images in the long run.
Also, these screens are known to save a lot of space since they can be rolled up when not in use.
So, if you are using it for the first time and don’t know how to roll up a projector screen, here is a guide to ease your rolling up or down process.
How to Roll Up A Projector Screen (Steps)
Different types of projector screens available in the market have different processes, so I have explained each with the proper steps.
Tripod Projector Screen
- In this method, the spring-loaded case is held by three legs with the help of a tripod adjusted according to height.
- Pull it up, first, release all the legs so the case can be opened.
- After that, take the screen from the inside and start rolling it up from one side to another.
- Ensure that you roll it evenly from all sides to avoid any damage.
- Once you have rolled up the screen completely, put it back inside the case and zip it up.
Wall or Ceiling Mounted
This type of screen is mounted on the wall or ceiling using screws and brackets. The process of rolling them up is a bit different from the tripod. So let’s talk in step by step process:
First, find the handle on your screen to release the rolling mechanism. After that, press and hold the handle while lightly pulling it down.
This will help the screen to come down without any wrinkles.
Start rolling the screen up from one side using both of your hands. Make sure to roll it evenly from all sides so that there are no creases or wrinkles on the surface.
After you have rolled up the screen completely, grab both ends and lift it slowly to put it inside the storage case.
Electric Projector Screen
The electric ones do not require any manual process all you have to do is grab a remote and press a button to roll the screen upward to hide it completely.
This process can also be done with the help of a switch which is situated behind the screen to roll the screen automatically.
These screens are usually used in outdoor projection where a regular screen can’t be set up for various reasons. So, do these screen works in rolling up and down let’s find out.
- Take the screen and start inflating it using an air pump.
- It will take a few minutes for the screen to get fully inflated.
- Once the screen is inflated, you need to secure it by tying ropes or cords at all four corners to make it stable.
- This will help the screen to stay in place and not move around with the wind.
When everything is done, it’s time to roll it back to a safer place.
- Remove everything from the corners and free up the screen.
- Start deflating it till every air is not left inside.
- Your screen is rolled up completely.
Fixed Frame Screen
This type of screen does not require any roll-up as they are fixed does not get rolled up or down. They are generally used in movie theaters or conference rooms where it is regularly used.
What Should I do when my projector screen is stuck while rolling?
If your projector screen is stuck, you first need to check the manual guide to see if there are any specific instructions for fixing it. If not, then you can try the following steps:
First, you need to find the button on the screen. This will be used to release the rolling mechanism.
Once you have found the release button, press and hold it, on the other hand, lightly pull down the screen from where it is stuck.
If the screen still does not budge, you can try gently tapping (smoothly) on it with your hand. This should help to release the stuck screen.
If all else fails, then you can try using a small screwdriver or other sharp objects to pry the screen loose. Be careful not to damage the screen in the process.
I hope the above guide helps you to roll down the screen with the proper steps without damaging it.
You only need to remember that every screen has a different type of pull-up and down function, which is written in the manual guide that comes with the screen.
- How To Connect Tablet To Projector Wirelessly? - November 26, 2022
- How to Connect Projector to laptop without VGA port - November 25, 2022
- How many lumen do I need for a bright room projector? - November 24, 2022