As time has passed, no one has ever imagined that one day we gonna play games on a bigger screen with cinematic experience from our comfort zone.
Imagine playing a game on a maximum resolution with minimum latency or lag that takes your game experience to the next level.
But many gamers do not know that a projector can be connected to various gaming consoles, including the PS5, PS4, Xbox, and Nintendo switch.
Even if they know that consoles can be connected, they don’t know “How to connect PS4 to projector, in various ways then, we have discussed everything below.
How To Connect PS4 To Projector?
The PlayStation 4 Console is run with an HDMI video out connectivity and audio port, making it logically easy to connect to a projector supporting the same port.
The procedure is simple if both the sending and receiving ends have the same port.
- Get an HDMI cable supplied with the ps4, buy it separately, then turn off the projector and Ps4.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the projector’s HDMI port.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the video input port of the PS4.
- Turn on the projector and then turn on PS4.
- Access the projector’s Input menu using the projector’s remote controller or use the menus on top of the unit.
- Set the signal receiving source to an HDMI source.
- Choose Option 1 in the menu or HDMI One.
- Exit the menu, and that’s it. You are all set to have an epic gaming experience.
What happens if the projector has a different video port and the PS4 has another? Then the adaptors and convertor cables come into play.
Connect PlayStation 4 With VGA Port?
The older projector which dont have HDMI port they have VGA compatibility factor, you can buy various adaptors and cables to make one device compatible with another.
If your projector come with a VGA port, then to make both of them compatible, you need to get a VGA to HDMI converter which is available in the online and offline market.
To put it across differently, we will convert the signal from the PS4 to a projector using a convertor cable, hub, or adaptor.
- Turn off both the devices in order to be at safe side.
- Get a VGA to HDMI converter.
- Connect the HDMI cable part to your PS4.
- Insert the VGA cable into the projector and the other end into the converter.
- (Remember, you will get the sound only from the projector, not from any other external speakers if you plan to connect them).
- Then, turn on the Projector and PS4.
- Go to Projector Source Settings, and select HDMI One in the options for source.
- Exit the menu, Happy Gaming.
Disadvantages Of Using a Projector On PS4 Over Television?
When using ps4 on a projector, you might feel motion sickness after using for longer period of time. Also, the lag time will be more in comparision to standard tv.
Is It Worth Connecting 4k Projectors To Playstation 4?
Yes, it’s worth connecting 4k projectors to ps4 as there will be crystal clear images with sharper brightness with more accurate colors.
But remember going with 4k units will increase your budget, and not all games are designed for 4k content. For that, you will need PlayStation 5.
Do I Need Extra Speakers For Projectors?
As we all know, projectors do not provide the actual sound experience from there internal speakers whether you are playing games or watching movies.
But still, a newer model with built-in speakers does provide excellent sound, but gamers might go with extra pair of Dolby speakers to get more enjoyable gaming experience.
Connecting PS4 to the projector is easy. Just a bit of steps you need to follow which we have explained above.
Now my friends projector was older where we were connecting ps4 so we need a VGA to HDMI converter get the things done.
So in your case it might be different, so get the converter if your projection system is bit older and does not have HDMI port at the back of projector.