If you’re going for a presentation in front of many people and want to project content from MacBook to a projector on a larger screen, then here is a guide for you.
You can choose to cast your Macbook wirelessly, or you can connect it to the projector through a thunderbolt 3 with the help of connecting with a USB C port.
Here are the steps on how you can connect MacBook to the projector.
How to Connect MacBook to Projector Using VGA?
Many people use projectors to display their slides onto a large screen when giving presentations.
If you’re using an older MacBook Pro for your presentations, but the mac has a VGA port, you may be thinking for how connect using VGA when your projector is older.
You can easily connect your projector to MacBook with the help of a connector that works as a connection between both devices.
- First, go to system preferences in the display setting.
- Select an appropriate adapter that will help you connect your mac with your VGA projector.
- Now connect the USB C cable to the Macbook USB C port.
- You should see a message on your screen that says, “Do you want to share the display with (projector/TV name).”
- Click “OK,” then press down on the fn key and F7 key together.
- Finally, select Extend these displays. Your MacBook should now be mirrored onto the projector.
- Now you can exit system preferences to use the projector according to your preference.
You will need a VGA port for the connection, which we have suggested below. Also, there are multiple other options available that will also work perfectly fine as a connection system.
Connecting the Macbook With Projector Using HDMI
These days, most MacBooks come with an HDMI port, but if your model does not have it, you can go with a connector that will ease you’re connecting the projector to a MacBook.
- Connect your System to the HDMI cable or video cable provided by the projector manufacturer.
- After connecting, it now connects with a projector HDMI port.
- If your System does not support an HDMI connection, purchase any connector and connect it to a USB C cable.
- Now take the cable to connect it to the projector, and the other end connects with the connector.
- Your MacBook screen will be projected on the screen or wall, and make sure to remove the lens cover of the projector.
What is VGA?
VGA is a 15-pin standard port that lets you connect your Macbook to a projector.
Can I use the Thunderbolt to DVI Adapter and the Mini display port to HDMI cable for this process?
The Thunderbolt to DVI Adapter and the mini DisplayPort to cable do not support audio output, so they cannot be used to mirror your Macbook onto a projector.
I’m using Macbook Air, but the cable from my computer doesn’t fit into the port on my projector. The end of it isn’t big enough to go into the input. What do I do?
To connect your MacBook Air to your projector, you will need a Thunderbolt-to-VGA adapter. This adapter will allow you to connect your MacBook Air to your projector by using the Thunderbolt port on your laptop.
The other end will need to be attached to the VGA input port on the back of your projector.
I’m trying to use an HDMI cable to connect my Macbook Pro, but nothing shows up on the projector when I plug it in. What am I doing wrong?
Make sure you plug your HDMI cable into the correct port on your Macbook Pro. The larger end of the cable will be plugged into an HDMI port, while the smaller end will be plugged into a Thunderbolt port.
If this still does not work, try restarting your Macbook Pro and the projector. If you still have issues, try using another cable to connect your devices.
- Check Out the Official Apple Forum