When I bought RCA projectors for the first time, I didn’t know how to connect my iPhone to watch anything on a bigger screen due to a lack of knowledge.
So, if you are in the same situation and do not know how to connect an RCA projector to iPhone, then here is a complete step-by-step guide.
How to Connect an RCA Projector to iPhone?
In order to connect, you will need an HDMI adapter with a lighting cable connected to another end which will work as a connection between both devices.
- Buy an adapter (Official Apple) with a lighting cable attached at one end, as shown in the above picture.
- Now take the HDMI cable and insert one side in the projector and the other in an adapter to connect both devices.
- Plug the adapter lightning cable inside iPhone.
- Turn On the RCA projector, go to the menu option, and select the source as HDMI.
- iPhone will automatically detect the RCA projector, but it will only work when you give permission to trust the RCA projector from the iPhone.
- After giving permission, you can play any content from iPhone to an RCA projector without any problem.
Sometimes there will be nothing displayed on the screen, or the connection might not work. In that scenario, reset your iPhone, and the above method will work without any problem.
Also, if your iPhone is locked, the projector screen will be blank, showing nothing, so ensure that it is unlocked when streaming anything.
Will I get audio when streaming anything from my iPhone?
Yes, you will get the sound from the projector’s internal speaker without any problem.
But if you want to experience or get sound from an external speaker, you need to connect it to Bluetooth.
Also, if you are using an older model of your mobile, you can connect it with a 3.5mm jack from both ends, which will enable the sound on the projector.
Why is my iPhone not connecting with RCA?
There are many reasons you might not get anything on the screen when following the above method properly.
- You might be using a third-party adapter or HDMI cable, which Apple does not support in their latest devices.
- Another reason is you need to restart the projector or Apple device, which will detect the connected device due to its reboot.
- Check the cable or double-check the source in the projector menu and see if you have selected the right HDMI source.
Can I connect the RCA projector through the Airplay feature?
“No, it is not possible to connect it directly to an iPhone. An AppleTV is required to connect it to a projector to stream any content.
If you want the Airplay method, you need to purchase AppleTv, which needs to be connected to the projector through an HDMI port.
How are RCA Projector Speakers?
These are budget-friendly models which generally cost below $100, and these are mainly used for portability.
You cannot expect it will give any premium sound quality and sound below average. Also, their image quality is average on the screen.
Can I stream Netflix from iPhone to RCA projectors?
Yes, you can watch Netflix on an RCA projector from iPhone without any problem.
I hope the guide helps you connect your RCA projector to your iPhone without any problem. You might face a problem while following the above process for the first time.
But as I mentioned, there are only a few reasons which will not allow you to connect it successfully if not followed properly.