If you are watching any movie or playing a game, and suddenly you see any dust collected on the screen, then it is high time you should know how to clean a projector screen to avoid any damage done.
You will see lots of dirt on the screen when there is too much lighting present in the room or when any brighter movie scene is played on the screen. In darker conditions, you will not see any single piece of dust.
How Often Should I Clean?
This question came to everyone’s mind when it’s been a few months since you bought the new projector screen for entertainment and it is still not cleaned.
Even though you have a budget-friendly or even a high-end screen, whether you use it or not, it should be clean every few months.
How To Clean A Projector Screen Indoor & Outdoor?
Finally, here is an effective method to clean the dust from the projector screen differently. The process is the same for cleaning the screen which is located either indoors or outdoor.
- Warm Water
- A bucket or Canister
- Two microfiber or clean cloth
- Dish wash liquid
Use the liquid dishwasher when the collected dirt and the screen look messy. You can even use warm water and a microfiber cloth to clean without dish wash If the screen is not that dirty.
- Put some warm water in a bucket and pour the dish soap to make soapy water.
- Remember, the amount of water should be 96%, and the liquid soap is used 4-5% only to be on the safe side.
- After pouring the warm water and liquid soap, mix it well.
- Dip the microfiber cloth for 10 seconds.
- Please take out the cloth and squeeze it with both hands. Apply as much pressure as possible to remove the excess water from the cloth. Make sure the excess water goes inside the bucket.
- Now start the cleaning process on the screen without applying excessive force to the screen.
- After cleaning the area which has a dust particle, now it is time to use a second dry cloth on the screen to give a final touch to remove any excess water.
- Your screen is ready without any dust particles on the screen.
- To check the process switch on the projector and screen. Play any brighter scene and see the difference.
- Lastly while doing this whole process please use a glove to protect your skin.
Points To Remember Before Starting The Process
- Do not keep your screen outdoor for too long.
- If the screen is indoor, then retract it as soon as you have done your work. If you keep it open for long it will attract more dust particles.
- Always wear a latex glove while doing the cleaning process. This will avoid the scratches on the screen and also protect your skin from chemicals.
- Never move the screen while cleaning. If it moves then you have to again set or calculate it according to a projector, to get proper viewing.
- After the cleaning is done, make sure you don’t roll up the screen immediately as it will have more mildew on it again.
- If you still believe it will be harder for you to clean or you might damage the material, then it is the best decision to take help from a professional service.
The above method will help you when there are dust particles get collected and you can easily notice them on the projector screen. Even if the screen didn’t have any debris or dust, still it is advisable to give it a cleaning occasionally to increase its life.
I would suggest even cleaning it with a feather duster once a month will eliminate any collected particles near it.