Are you looking to replace your current projector with a new one for your living room, for business conferences, or for playing games, with a budget restriction of below $600?
The below projectors are researched and tested, and then we have listed the best ones that can be used for gaming, movies, sports bars, or conferences.
In this article, we have come up with brighter projectors with higher resolution and multiple connection systems in the price range of below $600.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Projector Under 600
To select the perfect unit according to your usage, we have discussed below some factors that will help you select the best projectors under $600.
Brightness level decides how brighter the picture will be on the screen or wall in a room where ambient light comes from the windows.
In simple words, the more ambient light present in the room, the higher lumens power lamp you will require to project a bright image in daylight conditions.
So, technically projector brightness is measured in lumens which decide how brighter your projector will be.
So, a maximum of 1500-2000 lumens power is ideal if you use a projection system in a darker room.
On the other hand, if you are going to use it in your living room or daytime conditions going with a projector with 3000-4000 lumens power is sufficient.
The native resolution decides how clear the image quality will be on the screen.
If the projector has a higher resolution ratio of 1080p or 4k, it will display more brilliant and sharp videos or images on the screen.
So, the resolution of a projector is the number of pixels it displays per second.
Most of the projectors under the $600 budget range will have a high-definition resolution, giving you a better viewing experience of 1080p.
Throw distance helps to know from which distance you will see the pictures.
There are three types of throw ratios in the projection system: Short Throw, Long throw, Ultra short-throw ratio, etc.
We will discuss only two throw distances widely used in projectors, which are long and short throws.
The other one, Ultra short throw, carries a higher price tag than the other two throw ratios.
So, in short throw, the projector is placed at a distance of 4-5 feet away to get an image size of 100″ inches or more on a flat surface.
Whereas in the long throw to get a picture size of 100″ inches, the projector is placed 11 feet away or more on the ceiling or a table.
|Epson Home Cinema 880||Check On Amazon|
|BenQ WXGA Business Projector||Check On Amazon|
|Optoma HD146X||Check On Amazon|
|ViewSonic M2e 1080p Portable Projector||Check On Amazon|
|NEBULA Anker Capsule||Check On Amazon|
|XGIMI MoGo Pro Portable Projector||Check On Amazon|
|BenQ TH585P Home Entertainment Projector||Check On Amazon|
|HD 1080P Projector||Check On Amazon|
|Epson VS260||Check On Amazon|
Best Projector Under 600
1). Epson 880: Best Home Cinema Projector Under 600
|Screen Size||80″ – 120″ inches|
|Throw Distance||2.2′ – 34.0′|
|Dimension||11.9W x 9.9D x 3.6H|
If you are looking for a projector capable of producing stunning HD 1080 pictures on screen with a dynamic contrast ratio of 16,000:1, check out Epson 880.
This projector can make your room a movie theater with an actual cinematic experience producing more realistic images with less rainbow effect.
Now with this model, you can play your favorite games by connecting ps4 with the help of an HDMI cable.
The Epson 880 does not require any professional setup, so any viewer who is using a projector first time can easily set up this Epson model.
Unbox the unit and connect with any digital cable, satellite box, or streaming device to view your favorite content on a giant screen size.
If the room area is not bigger and you don’t want to connect external speakers, then an inbuilt speaker in Epson 880 will do the justice.
The advanced 3LCD projector displays 100% of the RGB color signal for every frame, so you’ll enjoy the accurate colors you want to see on the screen.It comes with four color modes: natural, Cinema, Bright cinema, and dynamic.
According to our testing, the Epson back fan started producing loud noise when running any movie or playing a game at full brightness.
With 3300 power lumens, it will display the images clearly where lighting effects are minimum.
The Epson 880 comes with a 2-year limited warranty and excellent customer support.
- Produce 3300 lumens of brightness.
- It automatically analyzes the picture quality with the help of a built-in sensor.
- It Provides rich details even in darker scenes with a 16000:1 contrast ratio.
- You can connect various multimedia devices with the help of multiple ports.
- For some users, fan noise can be a problem.
- The contrast ratio could have been better in terms of other competitor models.
2). BenQ WXGA: Best Projector Under $600
|Dimension||8.7 x 11.42 x 4.72 (W x L x H)|
|Throw Ratio||150″ Inches @ 11 feet away|
|Total Screen Size||55″ lowest – 150″ inches highest|
|Total Lamp Hour||10,000 Hour|
Our next device is from BenQ MW560, perfect for those looking for a business meeting projector or everyday viewing.
This device can give stunning images and a deeper black level due to a dynamic contrast ratio of 20000:1.
So, the MW560 will still do justice in darker scenes but will not amaze you due to its low contrast ratio.
It has onboard speakers whose sound quality is average, and at the back, there is an audio output that helps to connect from the external speaker.
If you feel the internal speaker is not doing justice, you can connect external speakers to get a home theater-like experience while watching a movie.
The BenQ MW560 is a short-throw projector with an impressive 4000 ANSI of brightness and a native resolution of 1080p.
So, placing a distance of 10 feet will project an image size of 145″ inches on a wall where the space is limited.
The manufacturer has used an Eco-Mode lamp to make it run longer.
So, by running the Benq WXGA in eco-mode, the power consumption will be reduced to 70%, which will extend the life of the lamp.
But also, at the same time, the brightness will be reduced by 40%. It’s manageable when running the unit in a darker environment.
There are multiple connection options at the back of the panel, such as 2 HDMI ports and two USBs; one is Type A, and the other is mini type B.
With an HDMI port, you will need a streaming device to view Netflix, Amazon, Apple TV, MLB baseball events, etc.
If the Benq WXGA is kept ideal for 20 minutes, it will automatically shut down due to its auto-detect sensor.
Also, the projector turns on automatically as soon as the signal is detected.
While testing this unit in daylight with blinds down on windows, the images are seen at some point when running it in brighter mode.
- It comes with a contrast ratio of 20000:1.
- Multiple output connection lets you connect different devices.
- It has 4000 ANSI Lumens that gives more brightness in lighter condition.
- Smart Eco mode saves power up to 70%.
- The internal speaker is not loud enough.
- It has a limited menu setting to choose to adjust brightness or contrast.
3). Optoma HD146x: (This One is perfect for gaming under 600)
If you are a gaming enthusiast and want to experience the game on a bigger screen with minimum lag time, check out Optoma HD146x.
This true high-definition projector provides an output resolution of 1920×1080 that gives crisp images with a screen size of 120″ inches.
It uses the advanced Texas Instruments DLP chip technology with a dynamic black contrast ratio that adjusts the Lamp to create deeper images in dark scenes.
It also has active 3d technology that plays the 3d content from any source, such as blu rays, streaming devices, or cable boxes.
The Optoma delivers a refresh rate of 120hz, providing an ultra-smooth video playback experience without lagging or flickering.
For fast-paced gaming, it delivers a response time of 16 ms that helps gamers compete without lag time.
It also includes a Game Mode that provides a visual advantage by boosting shadows and dark scenes for greater visibility of imminent restrictions.
If you run the unit in the Eco mode, the Lamp will sustain a life of 15000 hours with a view time of 4 hours daily for ten years.
This unit is not perfect for short-throw, so you cannot use it in a small room.
In contrast ratio, it offers 25000:1, which will do justice when any darker scenes are playing on the projection screen.
From a distance of 13-14 feet, you can project the video at 120″ on the projection screen. On Optoma, you will get one year warranty with excellent customer support.
- Perfect image alignment with the latest texas instrument.
- Lamp life of 15000 hours when running the Optoma on eco mode.
- Quieter operation with a noise level of 26dB.
- Incredible picture quality with a contrast ratio of 25,000:1.
- Not built for viewing in a short throw.
- You will require specific mounting to mount the Optoma on ceilings.
4). ViewSonic M2e: Best Portable Projector Under 600
Next, we have a portable projector from ViewSonic, ideal for those who like to take their projector wherever they go, especially on airplanes or in business meetings.
Also, its compact design makes it ultra-portable and easy to set up in a few minutes to get ready for projection.
It gives full HD resolution, producing a brighter picture on the wall or screen.
The ViewSonic lens projects up to 100 inches from just 8 feet 9 inches away due to its short throw lens system.
Also, it’s more convenient to use in smaller rooms, such as bedrooms or living rooms, where space is always a problem.
This unit weighs only 2.2 pounds which is easy for you to carry even in a backpack.
The autofocus vertically/horizontally focuses every time you connect the projector to a new place, so you don’t need to configure it manually.
Most projectors lack a built-in sound system, but that’s not the case in Viewsonic M2e.
This projector comes with a premium Harman Kardon sound system, eliminating the need for a dedicated sound system.
In terms of connectivity, multiple ports, such as USB Type A, type B, MicroSD card, and HDMI ports, connect any device to the unit.
This device also lets you download third-party apps and games with the help of the Aptoide application, which is pre-installed inside the ViewSonic projector.
- The third-party apps allow you to play games or other streaming applications.
- Led Lamp has a life of 30,000 hours.
- Light in weight and easy to carry anywhere you like.
- Comes with a built speaker by Harman Kardon.
- In daylight conditions or in a brighter room, the projector struggles to provide a bright picture.
- The third-party app Aptoide does not have an excellent interface compared to Android.
5). Anker Nebula: Best Pico Projector Under 600
This mini projector provides up to 100 inches of big-screen entertainment, even in remote areas.
Connect with any two outputs with HDMI & USB devices or stream content wirelessly via Airplay, Miracast, or Bluetooth features.
You will require a low light or dark environment to watch any content due to its lamp capacity of 100 lumens only.
Also, you cannot cast HULU, Netflix, or Prime due to copyright content. Still, you can watch this content with the help of a built-in Android app store.
If you can’t find your projector remote, you can control it with the help of the nebula connect app.
The unit runs continuously for 4 hours, and in music mode with Bluetooth connectivity, it runs for 30 hours.
- You can control the projector from your mobile even if you can’t find a remote.
- The android interface lets you download games or apps with the help of a wifi connection.
- The compact size lets you carry the projector anywhere you want.
- DLP technology
- You will need low light or dim conditions to use this mini projector.
6). XGIMI MoGo Pro: (Best traveling projector under $600)
If you are looking for a unit that can be taken anywhere with you on traveling or night out with friends, check out the XGIM projector.
The built-in battery power up the device for at least 2.5 hours of entertainment. This unit weighs around 3.4 pounds, has a dimension of 4.5 w x 5.7 d, and is 6.75 h.
It has an in-built android nine software where you can download your favorite application such as youtube, prime videos, disney+, etc.
For Apple, users download Mogopro and switch on airdrop you can cast all your favorite images, videos, etc.
With an incredible 1080p image and 300 ANSI lumens, this projector allows you to enjoy vivid colors on a 100-inch screen.
It supports automatic keystone correction with autofocusing and automatic ±40° horizontal and vertical keystone adjustment, making it easy to project images on any wall or screen.
It comes with a one-year warranty, and you cannot stream Netflix content on this projector due to copyright issues.
But still, you can watch it with the help of google cast or the XTV manager app.
- From a short distance, you can view the picture at 100 inches.
- Android 9 app is used to download 5000+ applications.
- In-built premium sound system.
- Budget-friendly portable projector.
- The built-in battery lasts for only 2 hours.
- There is no Netflix application to watch the content.
- A bit heavy in comparison to other units.
7). BenQ TH585:
Next, we have a projector which is perfect for those viewers who want to get a theater-like experience in their living room.
This Benq TH585 has a native resolution of 1080p with a screen size ranging from 40″ to 150″ and an aspect ratio of 16:9.
To get the screen size of 100,” you just need to place the Benq projector at a distance of 8 feet away from the screen or wall, and you are good to go.
Regarding the setup process, you might need a helping hand if you mount the projector on the ceiling due to its bulky weight.
When I mounted the Benq, it took approximately half an hour to get this model fully ready to display the pictures on my motorized screen.
With the help of auto keystone correction, it will automatically adjust the images vertically, but if you want to adjust it horizontally, you have to do it manually.
Regarding image quality, the lamp has a power of 3500 lumens, which will last for 15,000 hours if you run the unit in less bright mode.
Yes, if you project the videos in a brighter condition, it will do justice, and they will not be washed out completely.
Still, viewing in a little dimmer environment will make your viewing experience more enjoyable with BenQ TH585P.
The 6-segment color wheel will cover around 95% of the Rec.709 spectrum to produce more accurate and vibrant hues for any content played on this model.
If you are a gamer looking for a budget-friendly gaming unit option, then it can be an excellent choice for you with easy-to-connect latest gaming consoles.
So, if you play games like shooting, horror, or mission-style games, then switch to the gaming mode setting, it will give more clarity and brightness without causing any lag while playing the games.
- Produce brighter pictures in indoor lighting conditions.
- Full 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- The speakers will do the justice if you are playing games or watching TV.
- Low lag of less than 16ms.
- It comes with a 3-year standard warranty.
- No support for 4k resolution.
- There is no HDMI cable is provided in the box.
8). XNoogo 5G: Best 1080p projector under 600
Next, we have a led-based projector from XNooge, which is portable and easy to carry anywhere while you go as it weighs only 7 lbs.
This unit has a power of 9000 lux lumens and a contrast ratio of 10000:1, which can display brighter pictures on the wall.
It is designed with the latest features like an in-built wifi connection and 5.0 Bluetooth connection that helps you to connect ps5, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, etc.
The in-built 5w speakers are loud enough to entertain you when you watch any movie or video song on XNooge.
The manufacturer has delivered a lamp life of 100,000 hours. You can also mirror your smartphone directly to your projector to view any images or videos on the bigger screen.
With 60% more brightness than competitors, you can also view the pictures in a low light conditions where direct sun rays are not coming inside your room.
When you are not using your unit for more than 15 minutes, it will automatically go into power-saving mode to save electricity from getting wasted.
You can project a maximum screen size of 450″. But I recommend you to project video not more than 150″.
Going above that ratio will decrease the quality, and also, you will see white washed-out images on the wall or screen.
So farther away you will place the projector, the more dull picture quality you will see on the wall from Xnoogo.
- 9000 lumen and 10000:1 contrast ratio give you enough clarity in daylight conditions.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty with a lamp life of 100000 hours.
- The wifi and Bluetooth connectivity allow you to connect all your latest devices easily.
- Also, the fan noise is so quiet that you might have to double-check whether it’s working or not.
- The power cord is so small that we have arranged an extra extension cord to connect the unit.
- You cannot mount this projector on the ceiling. So putting it on a table or the shelf is only the option.
9). Epson VS260
If you are searching for a projector used mainly for business presentations and home-theater purposes with bright image quality, you may check out Epson VS260.
This projector has a standard throw ratio were for a 100″ inch image, you need to place the Epson260 at a distance of 11 feet away.
At the back of the VS260, you will get limited connectivity of 1xHDMI, single USB-type B, 15-pin computer port, etc.
In terms of image quality, it uses a 3LCD chip that produces a more vibrant color without having a rainbow effect on the wall or screen.
Due to the power of 3300 lumens, you will have a brighter picture even in ambient light conditions, but this model will lack darker scenes due to a lower contrast ratio of 15,000:1.
This projection unit can play the content of 4k with the help of XGA features, and also you can adjust the image manually horizontally with keystone correction.
In terms of sound quality, the Epson VS260 comes with 2w speakers, which sounds below average, and you will require an external speaker if there are many people in the room.
It comes with a 1-year full warranty and remote control with a manual guide which will help you to be ready the projector in a few minutes.
- It supports 4k content.
- This projector will produce a clear image in lighting conditions.
- Lighter in weight with the size of 5.5 pounds only.
- Built-in Skew sensor adjust picture when projected on wall or screen.
- You will need at least 11 feet of space to project a 100″ inches screen size.
- This Projector was struggling in darker scenes.
Types Of Projector
Three different types of projectors are available in the market today: DLP technology, LCOS projection, LCD projectors, etc.
- DLP: These are one of the most famous and used technology in projector fields. The DLP makes pictures more realistic, sharp, and vibrant,, giving higher contrast ratios with deep black levels. But one disadvantage of Dlp is that they tend to produce a rainbow effect due to their usage of a chromatic wheel situated right in the front of the bulb.
- LCOS: This technology is mainly used in high-end projectors, producing a higher resolution to deliver a smooth video experience to the viewer. Users using these type of devices that uses LCOS lamp will see almost zero pixels on the screen. The disadvantages of using LCOS are they are heavy in size, and their lamp has minimum life.
- LCD & LED: These models using LCD are cost-effective and produce more brightness, which is ideal for those viewers who want to use it in ambient lighting conditions. They also produce sharper pictures with excellent color saturation. Now in terms of cons, they produce lots of pixels on the screen, and also, their black level is not deeper, thus, black scenes can become hard to see.
How much brightness is enough for my projector at home?
Between 2000-3000 lumens is enough for a cinematic experience to get the perfect brightness for your home lumens. But remember, the room should be dim or dark while using these projectors at lumens below 1500.
How much budget is ideal?
It all depends on how you are going to use the projector, either for playing games or using it for everyday viewing.
If you are using it for gaming purposes, a projector under $600 is ideal.
Can I go for a high-resolution projector?
A high-resolution projector is always recommended due to the crisp and sharp image. It’s always suggested to go with 1080p resolution or above (4k projector) to get a true cinematic experience.
When looking for the best projector under 600, it is important to know what features you need. This will ensure you get a product with all your desired qualities.
We hope this post gave you some insight and will help you make your decision easier when looking for the best projectors under $600 for your home or business meetings.